Jul 16, 2007

Reflection 3

Wow, where to start? I learned so many new techniques and about so many new programs as a result of taking this course. Not only do I feel more knowledgeable about when students mention things like blogs in class, but I feel that I am much more open to the idea of using this new technology now.

I think by creating/updating my own blog for this class, I might want to add a blog feature to my website. I still need to think about how it would best serve students before implementing it.

Using del.icio.us could perhaps replace a bibliography of websites for a research project. It could also help students who aren’t as good at finding relevant websites during a research project to be able to use sites from other students, rather than trying to find them on their own, or depending on sites from me. I realize that del.icio.us isn’t always accessible from school, so I’d need to keep that into consideration.

I’m getting more accepting of the ideas of Wikis. I originally really hated the concept, but know that I’m less ignorant about them; it could be a pretty cool classroom tool.

2 comments:

Betrus said...

I really like your idea of using del.icio.us as a way of referencing resources. I was thinking that if I created a tag just for students they could easily access sites in class.

Carol said...

I am more open to using the new technology we learned. This class has forced me to blog which I truly thought had no worth. Now that I understand the terminology I feel more tech literate. I am no expert at all this "stuff" yet but hope to integrate some of my learning onto my website too. Although, I may need to go back to the lessons and refresh myself on the how to of the tech tools learned.