Jul 15, 2007

Wikis in the clasroom

Before this assignment, I really didn't know that much about Wikis. I actually was quite skeptical about them and was worried that it was too easy for anyone to post/manipulate information on the site. It made me question the validity and purpose for its existence.

Now however, I can see that Wikis could be a very useful tool in the classroom. I also know that there are ways to "protect" the Wiki and make it password protected. I didn't know that this option even existed.

I was really impressed with the Village Wiki, especially the Digital stories. This offered an amazing way to share with a greater audience, the work that the Village students clearly put a lot of time into.

I'll admit that I'm not sure that Wikis will be for me, but I'm much more open to the idea now that I've been exposed to them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm really glad that this assignment gave you a new perspective on the possibilities of wikis. I have to say that I wasn't sold on them when I first heard about them either. But using them, especially with students, has convinced me of their value and power when used in the right way.