Jul 16, 2007

School 2.0

What strikes you most about this vision of tomorrow's school?
I like the bubble where it tells students that their future job may not even exist yet and that being a continuous learner is important. Actually I’m surprised that this vision of tomorrow’s school is incorporating things that are currently available. I think that this plan will be archaic in a few years, as this is doable now. I can’t imagine what the real schools of the future will be like.

What would you definitely like to see kept from this map?
I don’t know about the online mentor. I think mentoring is a valuable face to face aid, rather than virtual. Also, the Parent’s Internet Café on campus seemed a bit far fetched and unnecessary. I think most likely parents will be at their own job, not just hanging out in a school yard.


What would you change?
“The data shows that students in your virtual classes are doing great.” I wonder how successful both special education students and maybe non-motivated students will be in such a self-directed environment.

1 comment:

Betrus said...

Nat,
I really enjoy reading your comments. You have great insight and ideas. I agree with your comment about mentors being face to face. I think personal interaction is an integral piece of education that seems to be missing from School 2.0.